TDS is required to be deducted on any payment made to NRI. The TDS is required to be deducted on the total amount paid to the NRI (Refer: https://www.charteredclub.com/tds-property-purchase-nri/)
The NRI can get this reduced by filing an application for Lower Deduction of TDS with the Income Tax Officer. Various documents are required to be filed along with the application.
- Applicable only for Non-Residents and not for Resident Indians.
- It will take 15 days from the date of submission of all documents
How it works
- Enroll for the service through the above mentioned link by paying 20% advance
- Post, the enrollment – CA Karan Batra will himself call you.
- Post the telephonic discussion, he will also send an email for the list of documents required.
- Once, all documents are submitted – he will prepare and share the draft application with the application. On receiving approval of the applicant, the application would be filed with the income tax officer.
- Status of the application would be regularly intimated to the client till the time the application is not approved by the Income Tax Officer.
- Form 15CA and Form 15CB required for repatriation of funds outside India would also be generated without the extra fees. (The normal service fees for generation of these forms is Rs. 4,500)