After a CA Student has cleared both groups of CA Final and also completed the Articleship period and GMCS Trainings, he can apply to ICAI for allotment of CA Membership No.
- Recommended Read: CA Final Pass Percentage
All candidates who have applied for CA Membership Number and have been successfully allotted the same are invited by ICAI for a Convocation and Facilitation Function.
Procedure for applying for CA Membership No. to ICAI
- Recommended Download: Form 2 for applying for CA Membership No.
Certified True Copy of the following documents are required to be attached along with Form 2 while applying for CA Membership Number to ICAI:-
- Educational Qualifications
- Marksheets of CA Final Exams
- Articleship Training Completion Certificate
- Certification of Participation in GMCS
- Higher Secondary School Certificate as proof of date of birth (If not submitted earlier)
The name of the applicant in the application form should be the same as mentioned in the Degree Certificate/ higher Secondary School Certification. In case of change of name, the applicant must complete all formalities by submitting the documentary evidence such as marriage invitation card or Gazetted Notification etc.
In case the applicant has changed his signature, he is required to submit his new signature attested by a Chartered Accountant or a Gazetted Officer.
The following fee is required to be paid in favor of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” at the time of making an application in Form 2 for CA Membership Number:-
|Associate Membership Fee||Rs. 1,500|
|Fellow Membership Fees||Rs. 3,000|
|Certificate of Practice|
– As an Associate Member
– As Fellow Member
*The Candidate may or may not apply for CABF i.e. Chartered Accountant Benevolent Fund. The amount of CABF is utilised for a noble cause viz; providing financial assistance to members and their families in distress and the contribution is also exempted under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
Disqualifications from applying for CA Membership No.
At the time of making an application in Form 2 for allotment of CA Membership No., a person should not have any of the following disabilities:-
- Not attained the age of 21 years
- Unsound Mind and stands so adjudged by a Competent Court
- Undischarged Insolvent
- Being discharged insolvent, has obtained from the court a certificate that his insolvency was caused by misfortune without any misconduct on his part.
- Convicted by a Competent Court, of an offence involving moral turpitude committed by him in his professional capacity unless pardoned or the Central Govt has removed the disability.
Other Relevant Points regarding Allotment of CA Membership No.
- A Candidate shall be enrolled as a member of the institute from the date on which the Form 2 completed in all aspects along with the prescribed fee and compliance of other documents is fulfilled.
- The script of membership/ certificate of practice will be issued to the newly enrolled member within a period of 3 months from the date of issue of enrollment letter and sent by Post.