The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India had organised another set of Campus Placements for Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants in the month of Feb-Mar 2017 for those candidates who had attained the Chartered Accountancy Qualification in the CA Final Results which were announced in the month of Jan 2017.
The Placement Program was conducted at 22 Centres across India and the following are the highlights of the same
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for International Posting was Rs. 43.00 Lakhs p.a. as compared to Rs. 76.32 Lakhs which was the highest salary offered for International posting in the ICAI Campus Placement held in Sept 2016
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for Domestic Posting was Rs. 21.00 Lakhs p.a. as compared to Rs. 24 Lakhs which was the highest salary offered for Domestic Posting in the ICAI Campus Placement which was held in Sept 2016
- Avg Chartered Accountant Salary offered was Rs. 8.48 Lakhs in Mar 2017 placements as compared to Rs. 8.29 Lakhs p.a. offered in Sept 2016 placements.
- 118 entities comprising of CA Firms and Companies participated in Campus Placement Program Mar 2017 with a total of 199 Interviews Panels. In the previous campus placements held in Sept 2016, there were 100 entities with a total of 184 Interview Panels being formed.
- Total 1273 candidates were offered a Job in the ICAI Campus Placement held in Mar 2017 as compared to 1279 Candidates who were offered a Job in the Campus Placement organised by ICAI in the month of August-Sept 2016.
- The above packages have been mentioned in CTC i.e. Cost to Company
Chartered Accountants were 2 chances of appearing for the campus interviews – first in the bigger cities and if they were not successful in getting recruited at the bigger cities, then they were offered another chance to appear for Campus Placements in the smaller cities. ICAI had also organised an Orientation Program for grooming the soft-skills of all the Candidates.
All the Candidates were also provided e-learning opportunity on 2 topics namely Business Etiquette – Gaining that Extra Edge and Mastering the Interview.
Brief Synopsis of the Chartered Accountant Salary being awarded in the Campus Program
|Particulars||Mar 2017||Sept 2016||Mar 2016||Sept 2015||Mar 2015|
|No. of Candidates Registered||4261||8770||5961||7358||5591|
|No. of Candidates Shortlisted||4081||7322||4837||5164||4524|
|No. of Candidates appeared for Interview||3398||4367|
|No. of Interview Teams||199||175||184||164||183|
|No. of Organisations||118||100||102||88||90|
|No. of Jobs Offered||1273||1279||1312||1231||1370|
|No. of Jobs Accepted||1211||1174||1195||1147||1253|
|%age Jobs offered to Candidates appeared for Interview||37.46%||29.29%|
Synopsis of Chartered Accountant Salary
|Chartered Accountant Salary||No. of Candidates (Mar 17)||No. of Candidates (Sept 16)||No. of Candidates (Mar 16)||No. of Candidates (Sept 15)||No. of Candidates (Mar 15)|
|9,00,000 & above||351||265||316||282||207|
|7,50,000 to 9,00,000||319||242||155||231||164|
|6,00,000 to 7,50,000||423||462||488||334||539|
|5,00,000 to 6,00,000||86||179||210||263||316|
|4,00,000 to 5,00,000||30||26||23||28||17|
|3,00,000 to 4,00,000||2||3||9||10|
The Next Campus Placement Program for Chartered Accountants would be held in the month of Aug-Sept 2017 after the Announcement of CA Final May 2017 Results.
- Recommended Read: Pass Percentage of CA Final Nov 2016
Meaning of CTC
CTC means cost to company. It is the total cost that an Organisation is spending towards their employees which includes Salary details like Basic salary, House Rent Allowance, Company Leased Accommodation, Daily Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Special Allowance, Conveyance Allowance, Lunch Allowance, Entertainment Allowance, Books/Periodicals Allowance, Education Allowance, House Maintenance Allowance, Furnishing Allowance, Dress/Uniform Allowance, Other allowances; Benefits/Perks/Reimbursements like Value of company car, Car subsidy (or equivalent tax savings), Driver’s salary, Maintenance and Petrol Expenses, Leave Travel Allowance, Canteen Subsidy, Telephone Expenses, Mobile Phone, Club Membership, Electricity/Gas, Servant/Gardener, Credit Cards, Furnishings/Durables, Holiday facilities, Medical reimbursements, Medical insurance, Personal Accident Scheme, other benefits; Retirals like Provident fund, Superannuation fund, Gratuity; Bonus like Fixed Bonus, Productivity linked Variable Bonus, Any other performance oriented incentive including Stock Option Plan and; Soft Loanslike Interest subsidy, etc.
Guidelines to Candidates applying for ICAI Campus Placements Aug-Sept 2017
- Only candidates who have cleared both groups of CA Final and will complete their GMCS before 31st October 2017 are allowed to appear for the Campus Placements to be held in Aug-Sept 2017.
- A Non Refundable Fees of Rs. 400 (incl of taxes) would be required to be paid by all candidates who are interested in appearing for the campus placements.
- A Candidate can appear for Interviews in only 4 organisations irrespective of the fact that he/she is shortlisted by several organisations.
- If a candidate is able to clear all rounds of Interviews and the Offer Letter is awarded and accepted by him, then he would not be allowed to appear for any other campus interview.
How CA’s can earn extra Income by recommending Financial Products
A Doctor earns money both by providing consultancy as well as on the sale of Medicines. Both the Consultancy as well as the Medicine are important for a speedy recovery of the Patient.
Similarly, smart CA’s also earn by providing consultancy and recommending financial products to Clients which will reduce the Tax Liability and also increase the Wealth of the Clients over a period of time.
These Financial Products which are good for the Financial Health of the Clients and also help CA’s earn a decent income on recommendation have been explained in detail in this e-book which can be purchased for Rs. 99 from this link – Financial Products which CA’s can refer to their Clients and make good Money in 2017