The rate of TDS under Section 195 to be deducted on sale of property by NRI varies in the range of 20.8% to 23.92% (depending on case to case basis) whereas the rate of TDS on sale of property by Resident Indian is 1% only. TDS in both the cases is to be deducted on the Sale Price of the property.
The NRI can also get the rate of TDS reduced from such a high rate by applying to his Income Tax Officer for Lower Deduction of Tax. The NRI may either get this done himself or appoint his CA to do the same on his behalf.
You may also appoint us to get this certificate on your behalf and our service fees for getting this certificate would be Rs. 18,000 (incl. of all taxes).
The out of pocket expenses (if any) would be required to be reimbursed by the client on actual basis.
How it Works
- Book your appointment by paying 20% advance through the above mentioned link.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation as well as a call from Karan Batra to discuss about the same within 24 hours.
- Post the call, you’ll also receive an email requesting for the documents to be submitted for getting this certificate.
- Once all the documents are submitted, we’ll file an online application on your behalf.
- Post filing of online application we’ll do regular follow-up by visiting the Income Tax Dept and get the certificate issued for lower deduction of Tax.
The Income Tax Dept usually takes 30 days after the submission of completed application along with documents for issuance of this certificate for lower deduction of TDS.
Other Relevant Points
- We are based in Delhi and only take up work in areas near Delhi as physical dealings with the income tax department post submission of the online application is required on frequent basis for getting this certificate. (Areas include Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad and other adjoining areas)
- In case you happen to visit Delhi, we would love to meet you in person in our office which is in South Delhi.