The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India had organised another set of Campus Placements for Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants in the month of Feb-March 2016 for those candidates who had attained the Chartered Accountancy Qualification in the CA Final Results which were announced in the month of Jan 2016.
The Placement Program was conducted at 19 Centres across India and the following are the highlights of the same
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for International Posting was Rs. 23.54 Lakhs p.a.
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for Domestic Posting was Rs. 21.00 Lakhs p.a.
- Avg Chartered Accountant Salary offered was Rs. 7.84 Lakhs p.a. (CTC i.e. Cost to Company).
- 102 entities comprising of CA Firms & Companies participated in the Campus Program with a total of 184 Interview Panels being formed.
- Total 1312 Candidates were offered a Job in the Campus Placement organised by ICAI in the month of Feb-Mar 2016.
Chartered Accountants were 2 chances of appearing for the campus interviews – first in the bigger cities and if they were not successful in getting recruited at the bigger cities, then they were offered another chance to appear for Campus Placements in the smaller cities. ICAI had also organised an Orientation Program for grooming the soft-skills of all the Candidates.
All the Candidates were also provided e-learning opportunity on 2 topics namely Business Etiquette – Gaining that Extra Edge and Mastering the Interview.
Brief Synopsis of the Chartered Accountant Salary being awarded in the Campus Program
|Particulars||Mar 2016||Oct 2015||Mar 2015||Oct 2014|
|No. of Candidates Registered||5961||7358||5591||4809|
|No. of Candidates Shortlisted||4837||5164||4524||4208|
|No. of Interview Teams||184||164||183||154|
|No. of Organisations||102||88||90||86|
|No. of Jobs Offered||1312||1231||1370||1019|
|No. of Jobs Accepted||1195||1147||1253||953|
|Percentage of Jobs offered to Registered Candidates||22%||16.73%||22.41%||21.19%|
|Percentage of Jobs offered to Shortlisted Candidates||27.12%||23.84%||30.28%||24.22%|
Synopsis of Chartered Accountant Salary
|Chartered Accountant Salary||No. of Candidates (Mar 16)||No. of Candidates (Oct 15)||No. of Candidates (Mar 15)||No. of Candidates (Oct 14)|
|9,00,000 & above||316||282||207||201|
|7,50,000 to 9,00,000||155||231||164||135|
|6,00,000 to 7,50,000||488||334||539||337|
|5,00,000 to 6,00,000||210||263||316||246|
|4,00,000 to 5,00,000||23||28||17||21|
|3,00,000 to 4,00,000||3||9||10||13|
The Next Campus Placement Program for Chartered Accountants would be held in the month of Aug-Sept 2016 after the Announcement of CA Final May 2016 Results.
- Recommended Read: Pass Percentage of CA Final May 2016
The Schedule for Campus Placements to be held in Aug-Sept 2016 has already been prepared and it would be held across 22 cities in India. The Last Date for Registration for the same is 2nd Aug for 1st Round of Registration for Candidates and 11th Aug for 2nd Round of Registration which is for Bigger Cities only.
Guidelines to Candidates applying for ICAI Campus Placements Aug-Sept 2016
- Only candidates who have cleared both groups of CA Final and will complete their GMCS before 31st Oct 2015 are allowed to appear for the Campus Placements to be held in Aug-Sept 2016.
- A Non Refundable Fees of Rs. 250 + Service Tax would be required to be paid by all candidates who are interested in appearing for the campus placements.
- A Candidate can appear for Interviews in only 4 organisations irrespective of the fact that he/she is shortlisted by several organisations.
- If a candidate is able to clear all rounds of Interviews and the Offer Letter is awarded and accepted by him, then he would not be allowed to appear for any other campus interview.