The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India had organised another set of Campus Placements for Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants in the month of August-Sept 2016 for those candidates who had attained the Chartered Accountancy Qualification in the CA Final Results which were announced in the month of July 2016.
The Placement Program was conducted at 19 Centres across India and the following are the highlights of the same
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for International Posting was Rs. 76.32 Lakhs p.a. offered by Olam International.
- Highest Chartered Accountant Salary for Domestic Posting was Rs. 24.00 Lakhs p.a. offered by Arcesium India Pvt Ltd
- Avg Chartered Accountant Salary offered was Rs. 8.29 Lakhs p.a. (CTC i.e. Cost to Company).
- 100 entities comprising of CA Firms & Companies participated in the Campus Program with a total of 184 Interview Panels being formed.
- Total 1279 Candidates were offered a Job in the Campus Placement organised by ICAI in the month of August-Sept 2016.
Chartered Accountants were 2 chances of appearing for the campus interviews – first in the bigger cities and if they were not successful in getting recruited at the bigger cities, then they were offered another chance to appear for Campus Placements in the smaller cities. ICAI had also organised an Orientation Program for grooming the soft-skills of all the Candidates.
All the Candidates were also provided e-learning opportunity on 2 topics namely Business Etiquette – Gaining that Extra Edge and Mastering the Interview.
Brief Synopsis of the Chartered Accountant Salary being awarded in the Campus Program
|Particulars||Sept 2016||Mar 2016||Sept 2015||Mar 2015|
|No. of Candidates Registered||8770||5961||7358||5591|
|No. of Candidates Shortlisted||7322||4837||5164||4524|
|No. of Candidates appeared for Interview||4367|
|No. of Interview Teams||175||184||164||183|
|No. of Organisations||100||102||88||90|
|No. of Jobs Offered||1279||1312||1231||1370|
|No. of Jobs Accepted||1174||1195||1147||1253|
|%age Jobs offered to Candidates appeared for Interview||29.29%|
Synopsis of Chartered Accountant Salary
|Chartered Accountant Salary||No. of Candidates (Sept 16)||No. of Candidates (Mar 16)||No. of Candidates (Sept 15)||No. of Candidates (Mar 15)|
|9,00,000 & above||265||316||282||207|
|7,50,000 to 9,00,000||242||155||231||164|
|6,00,000 to 7,50,000||462||488||334||539|
|5,00,000 to 6,00,000||179||210||263||316|
|4,00,000 to 5,00,000||26||23||28||17|
|3,00,000 to 4,00,000||3||9||10|
The Next Campus Placement Program for Chartered Accountants would be held in the month of Feb-Mar 2017 after the Announcement of CA Final Nov 2016 Results.
- Recommended Read: Pass Percentage of CA Final May 2016
Marks of the Candidate who got the Highest Package
The highest package of 76.32 Lakhs in CA Campus Placements conducted in August – Sept 2016 was offered to Ashutosh Aggarwal from Jaipur. Ashutosh is not a rank holder as he secured 436 marks out of 800. Apart from CA, Ashutosh is also a CS and is AIR 14 in CS Exams.
This clearly indicates that marks is not the only criteria on which the candidates are selected. Similarly, in 2015 – the highest package of Rs. 58 Lakhs was offered to Pallavi. Pallavi was also not a rank holder. She had cleared IPCC in 2nd attempt and CA Final in 1st attempt.
The Schedule for Campus Placements to be held in Feb-Mar 2017 has already been prepared and it would be held across 22 cities in India.
Guidelines to Candidates applying for ICAI Campus Placements Feb-Mar 2017
- Only candidates who have cleared both groups of CA Final and will complete their GMCS before 30th April 2016 are allowed to appear for the Campus Placements to be held in Feb-Mar 2017.
- A Non Refundable Fees of Rs. 250 + Service Tax would be required to be paid by all candidates who are interested in appearing for the campus placements.
- A Candidate can appear for Interviews in only 4 organisations irrespective of the fact that he/she is shortlisted by several organisations.
- If a candidate is able to clear all rounds of Interviews and the Offer Letter is awarded and accepted by him, then he would not be allowed to appear for any other campus interview.
How CA’s can earn extra Income by recommending Financial Products
A Doctor earns money both by providing consultancy as well as on the sale of Medicines. Both the Consultancy as well as the Medicine are important for a speedy recovery of the Patient.
Similarly, smart CA’s also earn by providing consultancy and recommending financial products to Clients which will reduce the Tax Liability and also increase the Wealth of the Clients over a period of time.
These Financial Products which are good for the Financial Health of the Clients and also help CA’s earn a decent income on recommendation have been explained in detail in this e-book which can be purchased for Rs. 99 from this link – Financial Products which CA’s can refer to their Clients and make good Money in 2017