In February 2015, ICAI had announced that they are planning to introduce changes in the CA Curriculum which would be applicable from 2016. ICAI had also released a draft of the CA New Course which would be applicable from 2016.
The Draft released earlier by ICAI has now again been Revised in July 2015 and several new changes are being planned which were not their in the draft announced earlier.
The following is the revised draft of the New CA Course. Please note that this revised draft is also not final and is only proposed.
New CA Course applicable from 2016
- Name changed from CPT to CA Foundation
- Duration of CA Foundation to be 8 Months (In the previous draft – this was 9 months)
- The Exams would be held in the month of May and Nov
- The subjects as mentioned in the Revised New Draft are as follows:-
Changes in CA Intermediate
- Cost Accounting and Financial Management to be 2 different subjects
- Duration of Intermediate Course increased from 9 months to 12 months
- Direct and Indirect Taxes were proposed to be 2 different subjects of 100 Marks each in the previous draft. In the revised draft, these have now been merged togethor into a Single subject
- Information Technology and Strategic Management Reintroduced (ICAI was planning to delete these in the draft released earlier but now ICAI does not intent to delete them and these would continue to be applicable)
The subjects as mentioned in the revised draft for the CA New Course are as follows:-
- New subject introduced: Capital Markets and Financial Services
- Eligibility to appear for CA Final only after completion of full period of Articleship
- Information Systems Control and Audit (ISCA) which was proposed to be deleted in the previous draft has now been reintroduced in the revised draft. This would now form a part of Paper 6 and would be for 50 Marks.
The existing course students need not worry as they would be given ample time to clear their exams.
There are several other changes as well and the complete draft of the proposed CA Course has can be downloaded from here:-